Epoch’s Team Series is BACK and we have even more new team members! This blog series will introduce you to the team members of Epoch to get to know them a little better. Since our team is located in different cities across North America, having a strong workplace culture (virtually) is extremely important to us. It helps to boost our team’s morale at the end of each workweek and improves team collaboration. We don’t let distance get in the way of having a connected team.
The Team Series will follow each team member’s event to engage the entire team virtually, using the Epoch platform. On Fridays, a different team member hosts an event to bring the whole team together for some laughs and a good time through the screen. It will also introduce you to some exciting events ideas and best practices of using Epoch to create events for your team for improving workplace culture.
Meet Angelina! Angelina is on the Customer Experience & Marketing Team and is a new addition to our team at Epoch. Learn all about how Angelina hosted a Broken Telephone event for the Epoch team - using Epoch!
About the Event
Intro to Angelina’s Event ✍️❓
- I decided to host a guessing game event (GarticPhone), for the team to laugh and enjoy each other's artwork. The rules of the game are to assign everyone a sentence to draw, and with each drawing, the next player has to type in their guess; which will also be drawn by the next player. I chose this event because I believed that this game was suitable for our team as I see them as very fun, creative, and care-free team members. In the end, the team was able to show their artistic skills, creative minds, and share a laugh with one another. Everyone’s guesses were extremely surprising and funny!
Event Creation & Preparing Attendees 🗓
- The process to create my event was extremely easy and straightforward. I was able to effectively present my event and prepare the team for what to expect. In the event description feature, I briefly introduced what virtual game they would be playing as well as letting them know that I would further explain the game instructions during the time of the event.
Epoch's Features that Best Supported the Event 📝
- I really enjoyed using the Slack reminder feature. With this feature, I had set the event reminder an hour before the event would start for those in the Slack Channel. If I have to be honest, I would have missed the event without receiving my Slack reminder!
- There weren’t any particular challenges for this event as everything was done virtually. From setting up the event through Epoch, inviting all the attendees into our virtual Teamflow office, and sending the virtual game link was an easy process.
Learnings from Hosting the Event 🌟
- What I learned from this event was that the Epoch Team can be very creative when it comes to guessing and redrawing images. The time spent together during this event gave us all a period to get to know each other outside of the workplace, which I find is very important to have when it comes to strengthening work relationships.
- Another learning I got from hosting this event was that it is important to ensure all hyperlinks for your event are working. Before my event, I was able to test any links that were needed to be sent to the team, and get an understanding on how the website would look if played with a big group of people.
Event Feedback ✅
- Viewing the Feedback from my event was also helpful. The feedback I received from my event was very positive! Everyone seemed to enjoy sharing a laugh with the entire team, as well as stating that they would definitely play GarticPhone again, which I personally would love to as well with them.
What it’s like to Create & Host an Event using Epoch (as an Epoch Team Member) 🎉
- Using Epoch to create my event made me feel very appreciative and proud of all the effort that the team puts into the company. It’s also nice to see how the end results of everyone’s work is able to make event/content planning for other companies and myself a very easy process! Epoch definitely made the workload for hosting this event, very light and easy.
About Epoch’s Remote Culture
Do you feel that working at Epoch is different from working at other companies?
- This is my first time working for a startup, so I do feel that there is a difference working here than at other companies. Although this is my first time working at a startup, this is also my first time feeling extremely welcomed yet always motivated to carry out my best without any hesitations or difficulties.
- Whether it's for their customers or for their team, Epoch’s values are to provide a helping hand for everyone. The support they give to everyone also allows me to always give my best effort while always feeling comfortable with everyone I’m working with!
Has Epoch’s Team Series helped you understand your team better?
- The team series definitely helped me understand my team better as I got to see how everyone can be outside work hours. Everyone is extremely friendly and accepting. Switching from a workplace bubble to a social bubble was extremely relaxing, especially as I realized everyone was really easy to get along with.
Do you think engaging with your coworkers socially improves collaboration?
- Yes! Because I understand what the team is like during and out of work hours, I have a better understanding on how I can communicate with everyone. Although everyone is extremely open to hearing anything, being given this understanding reassures and lets me know that I can comfortably communicate with anyone.
How has the experience affected your motivation and engagement with your work?
- The smoothness of preparing this event and the results at the end of the event has motivated me by wanting to continue being a part of the hard work that the team puts into Epoch. Knowing that other companies can come together and enjoy collaborating with their own team because of this platform is worth all the efforts put into these services we create.
Follow our LinkedIn page to learn more about our Company.
✍️ Here are some snippets of Epoch’s Drawings! ✍️
Subscribe to the Epoch blog
Stay up to date with our monthly news on keeping your employees engaged and connected.
Follow our LinkedIn page for blog updates