Planning and organizing an event is no small feat, and one of the biggest challenges is ensuring that your intended audience not only receives the invitation but also confirms their attendance. Event confirmations are a vital part of event management as they help gauge interest, prepare for attendance, and ensure the success of your event.
Before diving into the strategies, let's establish why event confirmations are so crucial. They provide a clear picture of the number of attendees you can expect, enabling you to make informed decisions regarding logistics, catering, and engagement strategies. Confirmed attendees are more likely to actively participate, which can significantly enhance the overall event experience.
1. Clear and compelling invitations: Start by crafting invitations that are not only informative but also compelling. What’s the value and/or benefits of attending the event? Highlight these to capture your audience's attention.
2. Multiple touchpoints: Engage your audience through multiple channels, including email, social media, and direct communication. Aim to use different messaging techniques to keep the event on their radar. (Epoch can help make this process super easy!)
3. Timely reminders: Send timely reminders leading up to the event. These reminders serve as gentle nudges and can significantly increase the chances of confirmations. (Epoch can help with this too!)
4. Personalized communication: Make your attendees feel valued by sending personalized invitations and follow-ups. Personal touches can go a long way in convincing people to confirm their attendance.
5. Create a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out): Build anticipation by highlighting what attendees will miss if they don't confirm. Showcase the draw of the event - whether it’s exclusive swag, guest speakers, or unique connection experiences.
6. Ease of confirmation: Make it incredibly easy for attendees to confirm their attendance. This could include clear and prominent confirmation buttons or links in your communications. (Epoch can also help with this!)
Epoch's "confirmations by platform" is a new feature designed to provide you with in-depth insights into where and how your audience is confirming their attendance for your events. This feature helps you understand which platforms are generating the most event confirmations, allowing you to fine-tune your event promotion strategies effectively.
Calendar: Track confirmations when employees click 'Yes' on a calendar event, even if they don't complete the event questionnaire.
Slack: Monitor confirmations when employees click 'Confirm' on a Slack message related to the event, including announcements, reminders, or messages with the event page link.
Event page: Keep tabs on confirmations when employees click 'Confirm' on the Epoch event page, whether accessed through email, the event page link, or the Epoch platform.
One of the standout features of "confirmations by platform" is its ability to provide real-time updates. If a guest changes their RSVP on another platform, the data in this section will automatically update to reflect the source of their latest RSVP. This ensures that you always have the most up-to-date information at your fingertips.
Boosting event confirmations is a critical part of event planning, and with the right strategies and tools, you can significantly improve your success rate. As you prepare for your next event, remember that a combination of engaging strategies and data-driven insights can make all the difference.
Use Epoch to plan your customer service week events, then track analytics on how the events went! Epoch is an employee engagement platform used by people teams at Reddit, Asana, and more. Epoch supports any internal event that needs email, Slack announcements and reminders, calendaring, and reporting. On top of impactful engagement and feedback analytics, Epoch provides a simple way to communicate and promote events to your workforce, helping events reach employees where they prefer to receive messages.
Teams using Epoch have seen positive impacts in event engagement while reducing time spent managing and promoting events by over 70%. Udemy used Epoch to scale its inclusive culture, driving 89% participation, and Modus Create successfully scaled a global events program across 15 timezones.
Increase productivity and connection among employees through company culture with Epoch. Curious to learn more? Book a demo today!
This calendar is a guide for you and your team to use as you plan meaningful, internal events and activities for the month of August.
This calendar is a guide for you and your team to use as you plan meaningful, internal events and activities for the month of July.