Achieving a state of work-life balance can be a challenge at times–especially for those working remotely with work and home life constantly overlapping. Here are three ways to help you improve your work-life balance this year.
1. Prioritize Your Time ⏰
- To-do lists. The oldest trick in the book for keeping yourself on track is writing to-do lists. Start by setting yourself up with an App or pen and paper of choice. Create multiple lists (e.g., clients, projects, etc.) and note down tasks in order of urgency. Check off items as you complete them.
- Time blocking. Where to-do lists tell you what to do, time blocking tells you both what to do and when to do tasks. Start your day by creating a schedule of how long you will work on tasks to ensure you give every project on the go time during your day.
2. Take More Breaks ☕
- Take more breaks. Insert short breaks throughout your workday on top of a proper lunch break. Stepping away from work helps refresh your mind and body, increasing creativity and productivity.
- Get outside. Take your break to the next level by taking it outdoors. Breathe in the fresh air and feel the sun, wind, or rain on your face for a refreshing boost and various benefits.
3. Create a Productive Workspace 🖥️
- Ergonomic assessment. Provide DIY ergonomic tips and tricks to help your staff set up a safe and comfortable workstation. Take it to the next level by reaching out to a local ergonomics consultant for expert advice.
- Limit Distractions. Turn off your phone, sign out of social media and get in the zone.